View Single Post
Old July 27, 2012, 10:58 AM   #17
lawboy

I get so tired of all the excuses made for new shooters at action pistol matches. TIRED of it.
I do not give two hoots if you are new to this, there is no excuse for failing to check your ego at the start position and focusing on safety and responsibility. Stop worrying about what others may think about your performance. YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO DO IT RIGHT AND SAFELY even if that means you walk every inch of the course and take 10 minutes and people hate you for it. So what? Stop letting your fragile ego motivate you to do dangerous and irresponsible things.
SLOW DOWN. THINK. GO NO FASTER THAN YOU CAN GO SAFELY.
IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND ANY MATCH WHERE I AM ROING BECAUSE IF YOU COMMIT A DQABLE OFFENSE I WILL DQ YOU. I DON'T CARE IF YOU JUST HEARD THE WORD GUN THAT MORNING OR IF YOU ARE JOHN MOSES BROWNING SHOOTING THE FIRST 1911 EVER MADE.

I apply this same standard to myself. Yes, I have DQed before. All I said was thank you, shook the man's hand, put my gun away and kept taping and brassing with my squad for the rest of the 4 hours we were there. These games are dangerous and nobody has any right to have even a nanosecond of lapse of safety and keep shooting.

Page generated in 0.04536 seconds with 7 queries