View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 06:58 PM   #109
BigMikey76

Quote:
Post the whole thing, not just part of it:

Quote:
: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <infringe a patent>
2obsolete : defeat, frustrate
intransitive verb
: encroach —used with on or upon <infringe on our rights>
— in·fring·er noun
See infringe defined for English-language learners »
See infringe defined for kids »
Examples of INFRINGE
They claim that his use of the name infringes their copyright.
Her rights must not be infringed.

Infringed as in tresspass on: How is putting restrictions on a God Given Right not an infringement?
Show me in the definition that you posted above where the word "trespass" is used. If you are going to ask for a definition, you need to respect the perameters that the definition provides. You can't just add words to it because the definition does not support your argument by itself. To qualify as infringement, an action must, according to the definition you posted, "violate law or the rights of another." As I stated previously, since waiting periods and background checks do not stop us from owning firearms, they are not an infringement.

As to the concept that gun ownership is a "God given right," I think there is some room for arguement there, but that is probably a topic for another time.

A gun should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.

Page generated in 0.04051 seconds with 7 queries