View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 03:26 PM   #9
bcrash15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Posts: 441
I came across this thread in my history and decided that since I eventually did get this issue sorted I would post what it took to fix it in case it could help anyone in the future. I did what was suggested, re-radiused and smoothed the edge of the extractor and did some minor reverse bending on it to loosen the tension. This made things work easier, but didn't completely solve the binding. By coincidence, I found out about a "friend of a friend" gunsmith who worked on a lot of Mausers and I let him take a look at it. He ended up reprofiling the feed rails in the receiver and after some break-in the gun now runs like butter. Best $30 I ever spent.
bcrash15 is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.04258 seconds with 7 queries