View Single Post
Old July 14, 2012, 10:22 AM   #89
Luger_carbine

Sometimes some stuff gets through

In this case the filter can't distinguish between Ford Taurus transmission bushings and the 905 Taurus revolver:

But you change the 9 to a 6 and you get:

My problem with copernic is that it doesn't have a "shopping" results page - which displays the product for sale and gives you a quick listing of prices. Instead it returns everything with the search criteria. So if I were looking for a Taurus 605, I get every YouTube video, every magazine review of the gun, and occasionally I get a weblink that might lead to a site that has a price on the gun - but I don't get a quick comparision shopping list.

Top 10 shopping search engines:

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...opping-Engines

Just going down the list of shopping search engine, I found that Price Grabber didn't return results for most guns.

Nextag didn't return searches for most guns.

Shopping.com didn't return searches for most guns.

Not surprisingly Amazon Product Ads does not return any gun pricing results.

Shopzilla returns some price results - but it's spotty and it kind of defeats the purpose of using the Internet for comparision shopping if a significant number of results are not showing up.

Pronto does not return any gun pricing results - and it's a crummy shopping search engine anyway.

Become.com does not return any gun pricing results - and it's a crummy shopping search engine

And that brings us to Bing - which still returns shopping results for firearms and firarms related stuff.

Last on the list is TheFind which does not return any gun pricing results - and is a terrible shopping search engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoogleSearch.JPG (82.6 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Google605.JPG (32.9 KB, 151 views)

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 8 queries