.40 2/1/2" Sharps Straight (.40-70). This is for an original Remington 32" 1/2 oct. brl. Mid-range match rifle, with British proofs..left factory in 1878-79' period. Anyway, I am working up du-plex loads, to try & clean up bore a bit. I am using both IMR 4759 & IMR PB smokeless next to primer..charges are from 2.0gr. to 5.0gr.
1. weigh out smokeless charge & drop in case,
2. weigh out Swiss 1 1/2 FG ( 60 to 70gr.) & slowly pour thru 36" brass drop tube.
3. thumb press .05" dental wax wad & push down onto powder.
4. press case mouth thru 1/8" SPG grease cookie.
5. thumb press another dental wax wad & push onto cookie.
6. start .032" veg. fiber wad in case mouth.
7. start Brooks .40-350gr. Postal bullet in case.
8. seat bullet to proper depth.
Like I said, it's a bit complicated..took me most of an afternoon to load 25 differen't samples.