Anyone catch Midway's Gun Stories last night?
M1 Garand was featured.
What did you think?
Overall, by far, the best show on the Garand, I've ever seen broadcast.
Here are some things I noticed/liked/disagreed with:
"The thing about the American Rifleman, armed with the US Rifle Cal .30, M1, is eight rounds at a time, he did nothing less, than save the world."
- I loved the ulta slow motion shots, throughout the show, really beautiful, as usual. One of the best things about these shows. They slowed it WAY
- down to show the clip ejection, fantastic.
- They goofed up the pronunciation of John Garand's name. They should have known better.
- I found it interesting when the guy shooting it, offhand, in one scene, was doing so with shoulders pretty much squared toward the target, tremendous recoil control, which is very obvious in both slow motion and the rapid fire sequences.
- Couple times they showed M1 Carbines, instead of Garands.
- Great scene with WWII veteran, Mr. Gonzalez, who said, "Other than my two brothers, the Garand was my best friend."
- They totally blasted the "ping" myth. "Pure bunk" ... so much shooting going on, so many things flying around, you are not going to hear a "ping" when you have fifty soldiers shooting! The idea is nto to run out of the ammo at the same time.
- Nice shout out for the CMP. Encouragement to buy one, sooner than later. Some misinformation about who can buy one, unfortunately. But still a great shout out.
- Great quote: "If you are a true American patriot and love guns, you must own a Garand."
- Best quote, from editor of American Rifleman
I've never watched a gun show that brought tears to my eyes, this one did. Perfect choice for broadcast during the week of July 4.