View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1
SerenityNetworks

Experienced opinion wanted on Glock 20, 10mm

I posted earlier asking about pistols with 10mm/.22 conversions. After considering the experienced opinions here and talking personally with some marksmen I've abandoned the "single pistol" idea. I've purchased a Ruger Mark III 22/45 for my trigger time. I'm now going to be saving towards the end goal; that is, a good, forever, last until I die, totally reliable, hunting and hunting rifle or shotgun backup (hogs primarily), and HD pistol.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Glock 20 in 10mm. My thoughts (with the pistol and caliber combination) are: it is reliable, it can drop a big animal with the heavy loads, it is accurate enough for my purposes, it can drop an intruder with lighter loads and not punch through walls, in my hands I swing up to a natural sight picture (as with the 22/45), and I don't have to sell a grandchild or save forever to get it. If I ever do want to do a conversion to another caliber then there are kits available. Lastly, I think it will fire a shot shell (for rattlesnakes in West Texas), but I need to check.

Thoughts?

Thanks on advance,
Andrew

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Page generated in 0.04157 seconds with 7 queries