View Single Post
Old June 25, 2012, 02:29 PM   #12
jonnyc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: July 20, 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 808
"when the British divided Palestine into the new nation of Israel and Trans-Jordan Palestine (now Jordan and Syria). The Jewish Homeland was populated with many European Jews expatriated by the Nazis and liberated by the Allied Forces, armed by the British and Americans"

A bit OT, but let's clarify this a bit.
The Brits did their Trans-Jordan split (about 70% of Palestine given to the Arabs) back about 1928 or 29, and then the UN further split the remaining 30% between Jewish and Arab Palestinians. In addition, relatively few "European Jews 'expatriated' (however that is meant!) by the Nazis" reached Israel before its founding in 1948. And they were expressly NOT armed by the UK or US, both of whom initiated an arms embargo on the area.
jonnyc is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.04925 seconds with 7 queries