View Single Post
Old June 15, 2012, 10:11 PM   #14
azsixshooter

Sorry for the pre-mature celebration. I was under the impression it was locked in already. However, I believe it's a republican-controlled senate and that there isn't any anticipated resistance from the Governor. We'll see though, I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep calling and emailing my reps and encouraging everyone else to do so as well!

On a side note, I know a guy who was convicted of a felony 20 years ago. He had it expunged or something and got some state waiver that allowed him to get a CPL and buy handguns. Now he said he'll lose that permission since the system is going to federal requirements and they won't honor his agreement with the state or something.

On one hand I agree with him that it's better to give power to the states, but I think for most law-abiding citizens this is a big win. I'll be interested to see how this plays out for him. It seems odd that any law like this with the spirit of supporting gun rights would actually have the opposite effect for some.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html

Page generated in 0.04462 seconds with 7 queries