View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 02:20 AM   #13
jgcoastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze
I can't relate to that metric stuff bro..........

but I personally recommend the venerable 30-06 which it seems you all need anyway

(hide behind couch here)
The 6.5x55 Swede is roughly ballistically similar to the .260 Remington. Same 6.5mm bullet diameter, the .260 Rem is a necked-down .308 Win case. I believe the 6.5x55 Swede case is its own parent, meaning that the case was designed for that cratridge. I could be mistaken on that last one though.

Long story short: the 6.5x55 Swede will serve you well just about everywhere but the plains of Africa or the mountains and forests of grizzly country.

They've been using the 6.5x55 Swede to kill moose in Europe for many many decades now... A very effective and versatile cartridge, with the proper ammo selection.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.04435 seconds with 7 queries