View Single Post
Old June 10, 2012, 03:27 PM   #38
Sarge

a7,

There's a difference between buy a 'cheap' used gun and a cheap new one. The used one, you buy with the knowledge you may have to tweak it a little, maybe put a few bucks in parts. The new gun should work right out of the box. The instances of a new gun being defective should be exceedingly rare and in those instances, the manufacturer should make it right ASAP. No BS, no run-around, no arguing about 'fault'.

Taurus has a high failure rate. I've personally known a dozen folks who bought them and were sorry. I personally know stocking FFL's who used to carry Taurus and won't carry them now. They got tired of shipping guns back & dealing with long time customers who were now dissatisfied customers. Couple that with the innumerable threads from established forum members who never bitch about anything else--but they've had trouble with Taurus--and I see a pattern developing. Taurus has QC problems at an inordinately high rate and they're not particularly motivated to correct those problems ASAP.

I ain't a Taurus hater, I'll buy a 450 one of these days, when the right deal comes along, and that is if I don't buy a Public Defender first. Like you, I just might get lucky and get a good one.
“Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex.” ~ T. E. Lawrence

Page generated in 0.08517 seconds with 7 queries