View Single Post
Old June 5, 2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Pahoo

They do work

These have been around for a number of years, in various configurations. One of the first, that I can recall, was a cast iron box. Basically the way they work is as Yankee Doodle has described. Their aplication is for use with gas grill and you contain the ash. ..

Quote:
ok, so not really a smoker. I can add some ships into the fire or make a real fire to get smoke flavor.
Exactly and a little goes a long way, for this purpose. No matter what I'm grilling, I always use a lttle smoke.

Quote:
Drink half the beer out of two or three cans fill them full of chips, and tada instant smoker boxes.
Good idea but I don't want to waste the beer. As an alternative, I have cut a large coffee can in half, punched some small holes in the bottom, lay my bark chips on the bottom and set to one side of my burner. I mostly use soaked hickory bark and hard to fit into an empty beer can. Eventually the can will rust out but just cut a new one. ....

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 7 queries