View Single Post
Old June 2, 2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Sarge

DepOne, re Post 10: Going on 22 years of trying to teach de po-po to shoot. Just to clarify, I support committing the operation, shooting and reloading of the gun to the subconscious and my comment about conditioned responses was aimed at that attaining that goal.

And yes, I have seen the Ghosts of Other Ranges visit mine. I still have new guys who shoot 2-3 rounds with the gun extended and then pull it into their breastbone and 'scan'... on a 10 round exercise. I had another cat who insisted on moving with a scattergun pointed directly at his feet because some academy instructor told him it was 'tactical' and he'd be glad he learned it when he got on the SWAT team. I had to explain to him that shooting one's self in the foot was hardly ever the correct solution to a tactical problem. Less than 60 days later, that very thing happened on a State range.

I run a hot range. You show up just like you work, grab ear & eye cover and walk out with and shoot with whatever you're wearing. I don't tell you when to reload. If I have to trust you on a robbery call, I had better be able to trust you on the range.

Page generated in 0.04517 seconds with 7 queries