A couple general smith questions
Hello all. I would like to start by saying that I have been accepted into the local gunsmithing program and classes will start this fall. I am extremely excited about this and also extremely nervous. This has led me to a few question that I would like to ask of the more experienced smiths around.
1. Are there any specific tools, items that you would recommend to a beginner that you have found useful? There is a pretty long list of required tools so I am wondering more about something you might have figured out that works for you. I feel like that is a pretty general question that may have no answer really.
2. What job have you found to be the most re-occurring? Is there something that you see often?
3. Do you prefer to work only on specific arms or are you open to most jobs?
4. Am I asking questions that don't really matter and need different advice?
5. Has there been anything that you wished you would have known earlier in your career?
"Be kind, be courteous, and have a plan to kill everybody you meet."