answers to some of the questions
Thanks for everyone's quick response. Here are some of the answers I can provide:
1) I'm using a Lee Classic 4 station turret press with RCSB dies.
2) The duds did not fire the primer.
3) I didn't try dropping the hammer again (striker fire and didn't thing to reload a magazine or work the dud back in...I'll try that next time)
4) I didn't take a measurement of the expanded diameter and I'm not using a crimping tool.
5) I'm loading 5.9-6 grain of unique powder for a 230 gr bullet as the minimum listed in my Lymans.
Reading through everything I have a feeling I need to improve my primer seating technique for the next batch.
Here's a picture.
91/30 Mosin Nagant, P95 Ruger
M&P S&W .38, Savage 111 30.06
Springfield XD .45