February 20, 2010
The question is are you willing to bet your life and your family’s lives on what you THINK you know about protecting your home?
For more info go to: http://www.OhioShootingSports.com
Home invasions are on the rise in the United States. Truth of the matter is that over two million homes are broken into EVERY YEAR! The reality of it is that in a ten year period you have a one-in-five chance of your home being invaded. In a twenty year period, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of your home being broken into. Statistically speaking the most dangerous place for you to be is in your home!
OSS feels that it is extremely important for people to learn how to properly setup their home and how to protect those you love.
We will provide you guidelines for developing a home invasion plan as well as how to enhance your current plan. As with anything else, Home Defense BEGINS AND ENDS WITH MINDSET!
Most people have a false sense of security when it comes to personal safety and home safety. One reason that a lot of people don’t have a home invasion plan because they don’t think that “it will happen to them”. If you don't have a plan or execute that plan ON A REGULAR BASIS WITH THOSE YOU LOVE, then HOW do you expect to execute that plan when your lives may be in danger?
Now, whether or not guns are present in your home doesn’t mean there are not other tools available in the home to defend yourself with. Most of the information is valid whether or not you have a gun or guns in your residence. One of the most important things you can learn how to deter burglars from choosing your home.
Our Home Defense Course is designed to deal with three situations that you are likely to encounter.
1. The first one is that you are awakened in the middle of the night due to some sort of odd noise.
2. Secondly, you come home and find your home broken into.
3. Lastly, you enter your home unaware there is an intruder.
Home Defense Course Curriculum:
• Four layers of home defense.
• Discuss the three types of burglars.
• Communication: with loved ones and intruders
• Light intimidation (including the use of handheld tactical lights)
• Setting up your home for tactical advantages (including furniture, mirrors, etc.)
• Items needed in a safe room and how to position your loved ones in the safe room to reduce the likelihood of them being in the line of fire.
• How to effectively search your home with a handgun, shotgun, or carbine.
• What you need to take with you when searching your home.
• How to move quietly throughout your dwelling.
• The role of the “significant” other in a home defense plan.
• Audio and visual target indicators
• Gun retention techniques for handgun, shotgun, and carbine.
• And much more…The Group Home Defense Course is an 8 hour course.
The question is are you willing to bet your life and your family’s lives on what you THINK you know about protecting your home? Even if you learn just a couple of things that you didn’t know, it was well worth the price of the course which is a mere $110.00.