Blackwater Worldwide is bringing their mobile training to Northern California in April. They will be offering their Advanced Handgun Skills class on April 3rd and 4th (Friday/Saturday).
If you are interested in attending, please contact me. (We currently have only one spot remaining)
Advanced Skills Handgun Course
Mobile Training – Richmond, California
April 3rd & 4th, 2009
Prerequisites (one of the following):
• Completion of Blackwater Tactical Pistol 1
• Completion of a basic tactical pistol course (Gunsite, Yavapai, etc)
• Active Law Enforcement or Military (combat arms MOS)
• USPSA “C” Classification or higher
• IDPA Marksman Classification or higher
Class Size: 12
The purpose of the Advanced Skills Handgun course is to teach advanced handgun manipulation skills that will enable the shooter to more effective employ his weapons system, in practical competition or actual tactical environment. The focus of this course is the advanced development of general handgun shooting skills such as speed shooting, long range accuracy, the draw, reloads, shooting while moving, etc. More importantly, considerable emphasis will be placed on how to practice most constructively and how to evaluate and track one’s own skill level. The target audience of the course is the experienced law enforcement/military operator or IPSC/IDPA competitor who is looking to improve his marksmanship and gun handling skills to the next level.
• Basic Diagnostic Evaluation Exercises
• Review of the Fundamentals of Marksmanship
• Correction of Grip, Stance, and Trigger Control Issues
• Trigger Management & Sight Management
• Improving the Reload
• Efficient Practice / Using a Training Log
• Driving the Gun (Target to Target)
• Sight and Recoil Management in Rapid Fire
• Movement from Position to Position
• Shooting on the Move / Moving Targets
• One-Handed Unsupported Shooting
Ammunition Required: 1,000 rounds
Gear List: Pistol, holster, three to five magazines, magazine holders, belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, rain gear, weapons cleaning kit clothing appropriate for climate and conditions and a water bottle or other hydration system.
Course Cost: $350.00
Date & Location: Friday, April 3rd and Saturday, April 4th, 2009; Richmond Rod & Gun Club, Richmond, California
To Register: PM me with your phone number or email address. Participants are required to submit a completed Blackwater training application as well as documentation of responsibility.