View Single Post
Old April 15, 2012, 08:39 PM   #8
I have used Green Dot a scattered bit over many years. When you HAVE THE PROPER CHARGE, it seems to produce a fairly accurate and quite economical load. The very little bit I used it in .45 Auto worked so well under a lead bullet that I intend to try it again.

The big problem is that it meters like Unique in most equipment -- which is to say, it meters really crappy, like crushed oreo cookies.

And if using it in a small volume case like .380, where you need a small charge, you'll have to be really careful that you get the powder drop that you think, expect, or hope you are getting. If you get too light a charge, you will stick a bullet in your bore. Go ahead, ask me how I know!

It's my recommendation that you don't even use Green Dot, especially in a small volume case like .380. Unless an old Uncle gave you 10 pounds of the stuff, just treat yourself to something better for the role.
Attention Brass rats and other reloaders: I really need .327 Federal Magnum brass, no lot size too small. Tell me what caliber you need and I'll see what I have to swap. PM me and we'll discuss.
Page generated in 0.04081 seconds with 7 queries