View Single Post
Old April 1, 2012, 10:35 PM   #5
bedbugbilly

38/357 not accurate? I carry a 357 LCR for CC - I love it and at normal SD range, it's very accurate. Like any weapon, you have to practice, practice, practice.

Everyone has the right to CC whatever they want to in whatever caliber they want to. If you're comfortable with a .22, then more power to you.

Myself, having worked ambulance and rescue and seeing first hand the effect of gunshot woulds, I want something that is going to put the attacker down and make him stay down. Yes, a well placed .22 can put a person down and again, if you are comfortable with it, then go for it. As a back up to your Glock, it would be great. Just remember that as a "get off of me" gun, you might bite off more than you can chew. Never carry a hand grenade to a tank fight.

I do sometimes carry a .22 on the farm . . just in case I get jumped by an angry woodchuck or a pack of chipmunks. Just kidding . . . enjoy your new Ruger . . . I haven't had a chance to shoot the 22 version yet but I hear it's a great pistol. Enjoy!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.04181 seconds with 7 queries