Top ten list for surviving a gunfight
1. Always maintain cool, sweaty palms, panic, etc. ....not an option.
2. Be aware of: front, back, flanks, and assailants' weapons.
3. Shoot the heaviest caliber you can shoot accurately, meaning at least a 1" group at 7 yards.
4. Never give weapon up, never surrender, even if perp has knife to hostage's throat, even if perp has drop on you...clear the holster to 1st shot in under half a second...Bill Jordan could do this, so can you.
5. Shoot accurately: single/double for 45 ACP, doubles for 40 S&W, triples or more for smaller calibers.
6. Shoot one-handed, you need the other hand.
7. If facing a single attacker, always move to attacker's weak side.
8. If facing multiple attackers, shoot leader first, then anyone with a long gun.
9. Always move, zig-zag to/from hard cover, unpredictability is good, be a ghost.
10. Retreat is OK, just do it like Rommel.
Fight hard, good luck, and
check your 6.
For 20 years the sea was my home, always recall the sun going down, and my trusty friend, a 1911 pistol, strapped to my side.