View Single Post
Old March 21, 2012, 04:42 PM   #12
Doc Hoy
I find it all very helpful.....

...and am glad for the responses.

I can tell you that I am happy with my bore lube which is 50/50 Crisco and wax rings (I know the term is not correct since wax rings are not real beeswax) Actually I think that has been true for a long time, maybe as long as before I started shooting some 35 years ago.

I am thinking about getting some beeswax. It is about twice as expensive as the wax rings (but I do have a line into a plumber who gives me the used ones for half price ................ That was a joke.......)

Anyway I am thinking I will test the beeswax based lube to find out if it is twice as good as the bore lube from toilet donuts. I am skeptical because I am pretty happy with my mix. I do realize that I am flying in the face of logic from numerous shooters who love beeswax as part of the mix. And for a guy who has never tried it, I should not have an opinion.

I talked to the guy about Ballistol today and he does have it for sale. He also put me on to a guy near Kitty Hawk who does black powder firearms. So now I simply must get down there.

I think I will be successful at convincing my wife we are going on a date because of that restaurant. She might wonder what is up when I come out of a guys house with a armful of Ballisol, but she is pretty tolerant.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson
Page generated in 0.04918 seconds with 7 queries