View Single Post
Old March 20, 2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Doc Hoy

Zullo...I agree 100% with everything you say

BUT

I am willing to take the risk that nothing will happen. If something bad happened I would really be happy if there were someone there to call for help. It is a chance I deliberately take knowing full well that I am increasing my risk.

I also load the chamber of a previsouly fired revolver with a CVA 1400 flask. I know this is more dangerous that using a scoop or some such. But I am willing to take the increased risk.

Now please understand, I don't shoot alone because I think it is safer. Safety has nothing to do with it.

I shoot alone for several reasons:

1. I don't shoot at structured ranges because of all of the rules. Many ranges around here are unfriendly to BP shooters.

2. I don't shoot at sanctioned events because I would not enjoy it. I might like watching it but not doing it.

3. I don't shoot around other shooters because of the distractions both to me and to them.

4. I don't take anyone else with me because part of the reason I shoot is to be alone.

Okay...Back on topic.....

Hawg,

Thanks for the response. I just read the label of the Rem Oil can and for sure it is an oil based lubricant and corrosion preventative (Mil Spec MIL-C-16173D Grade 3) The listing did not define "oil".

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Doc Hoy; March 20, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.04888 seconds with 7 queries