View Single Post
Old March 3, 2012, 03:13 PM   #45
scsov509

Quote:
I may try universal when I run out of this lot, just because I hear it compared favorably.
I used to use Unique in 8lb containers like there was no tomorrow. But after hearing guys suggest it enough on this forum, I finally decided to give Universal a shot and have never looked back since. It meters better, burns cleaners, and fills virtually the exact same role as Unique in my needs.

That experience also taught me the value of challenging the old "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra I'd said so many times. It might not be broke, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. So now I'm a little more open to trying new things, at least to see if there is a benefit to be gained. In some instances there's no real benefit to me, so I return to what I know. But I try at least to not be so narrow minded so as to not even consider that there's still some things I can learn and ways I can improve.

That said, 231 is a powder I keep coming back to no matters what else I try. It meters exceptionally well and is also so versatile that it's hard to beat. Not that there aren't other good powers out there, but I've yet to find anything fill the same void as 231 and improve on it at all.

Page generated in 0.04635 seconds with 7 queries