I did not deprime those that I boiled, were too dirty but my nines ended up pretty clean on the inside.
How do you dry yours?
IMO, you really need to remove the primers early in the process. Leaving them in will hinder drying hugely, as well as keeping toxic residues in place. Get a universal de-capping die from Lee, $10 and does not touch the case.
If they are too dirty to handle, wear gloves, OR, dip in hot water with dishwasher detergent. Then deprime, even if wet, before you do anything else. Then dip them twice more in the suds.
If you don't like the oven method, consider using a 250 W heat lamp bulb. Or, if you live in California put them outside in the sun!!!