View Single Post
Old February 11, 2012, 10:31 PM   #26
Win73

One night while sitting in the living room watching TV, my daughter came in and said someone was trying to get in the back door. I grabbed my .45 and went to investigate. It was a dog trying to get into the garbage can which sits on a pad next to the back door.

A second incident happened one morning as I was preparing to leave for work. There was a loud bang as something hit the front door. I had the .45 out and was just about to jerk open the door and confront who or what was there. But my daughter came running in and said "Dad, no!" Turns out it was a friend bringing her baby for my daughter to baby sit that day. She had one hand full of diaper bag and such and the baby in a carrier in the other hand. As she tried to reach for the doorbell she banged the carrier against the door. I didn't tell her until a couple of years later how close she was to coming face to face with a .45.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 7 queries