View Single Post
Old February 11, 2012, 06:54 PM   #27
wayneinFL

Quote:
The pistol/revolver is then presented, or pointed toward the target, and as the target comes in view over the sights and the mind recognizes this is the target then the finger goes to the trigger.

To get the trigger finger into the trigger guard you have to "crook" it, meaning you have to bend the finger and stick it into the trigger guard and on the trigger.
I have several Serpa holsters. I have them for SIG, Glock, and 1911. With the Sig and Glock, they work well for me. I can put my finger straight along the holster, my finger indexes exactly where it is supposed to be, and I can push the button with my finger straight along the frame.

The 1911- I don't know what exactly it is about the shape of the holster. I have to crook my finger and push the button with my fingertip. I think if my fingers were straighter it would work very well. But I have to crook my finger and I decided not to use the holster, because in a hurry I might end up doing just what that guy in the video did.

It's not a problem with the holster. My hand just doesn't fit it.

Quote:
I have never seen a holster that requires you to put your finger in the trigger guard to allow you to remove the pistol/revolver from the holster.
I've seen them, but not in a long time. Scary. Some police departments used to use them in the 70's or 80's. There was a steel button inside the trigger guard. I'll see if I can find a picture. A retired cop from NJ I used to shoot with told me they used to keep an empty cartridge case in the bottom of the holster to keep the gun from locking into the retention device.

Page generated in 0.04204 seconds with 7 queries