View Single Post
Old January 28, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Blue Duck

Home Invasion Aftermath Scenario Question?

This is a question that has been bugging me, for sometime, and it may seem like one of the last things most people would worry about, in the unlucky event, of having to defend one's self during a home invasion, but for others it may be an issue worth discussing.

If a law abiding homeowner ends up defending his home against a home invasion, and the result is a clean case of selfdefense, with a perp or two down for the count, what normally happens when the cops get there?

I know that still yet, it is not uncommon for the homeowner to be arrested, and of course all weapons used in the fight will be conficated by the police as evidence, and may or may not ever be returned to the citizen.

Ok, so you might have to spend a night in jail at the least until the matter is cleared up, or bail is set, etc, some have even said calling a lawyer even before you call 911 might not be a bad idea.

However, my main question is, lets just say that you are a serious hunter and gun collector with a large safe locked full of expensive firearms. Will the cops take into custody your entire lawfully owned firearm collection, from your locked safe, as well as any other firearms in the house even though they were not used or involved in anyway with your recent defense of your life and home?

Page generated in 0.04536 seconds with 7 queries