1) Be smarter than your gun
2) Cover is better than concealment, concealement is better than nothing at all.
3) If you love the guy enough to shoot him once, shoot him twice.
4) Don't train for the "normal". Getting shot at is not normal.
5) Carry every day.
6) Make your gun go to work.
7) When the bad guy is ready to take a shot, don't still be where he last saw you.
8) Get off the X. X marks the spot, and if you stand on the X, X will mark the spot where the police find your body in the morning.
9) Make every shot count.
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor
SABRE Pepper Spray CSAP Instructor