View Single Post
Old January 14, 2012, 08:56 AM   #4
piratecountry

Thanks for the info Mr Watson. As I posted, the stock always threw me off with the checkering. It is well done and looked original. I remember him letting me shoot it when I was 7 or so and I remember the trigger going off before I was ready. I learned early what a good trigger was and how much easier it was to hit with. It was a world of difference from the rifles my dad had let me shoot. Made an impression on me then. Of the 60+ firearms I have, still my favorite. 10-4 on the safe. Took care of that 11 years ago when I built my house.

A quick boring story. When I was on my high school rifle team, I used it for a little while. During practice one day, a man was there that told me he had been involved with the league for a while and the officials weren't going to let me use it in the meets due to it not being conventional. When we wound up at the district meet, there was a boy there that had one like mine. He schooled all of us. His coach was the helpful man that told me it wouldn't be allowed.

Page generated in 0.05205 seconds with 7 queries