View Single Post
Old January 3, 2012, 01:34 PM   #15
buck460XVR

Quote:
A bolt .44 carbine is not for me, I want a lever or a semi.
I had a Ruger semi years ago. Even tho it was not as accurate as my 77/44, I still kick myself for gettin' rid of it. I also have a Marlin .44 mag lever which I enjoy shooting, but it is no more accurate that the 77/44 and it's a pain in the butt to load and unload. While loading the tube magazine up and emptying it at targets at the range is fun, when hunting for short periods of time it gets old loading rounds singly thru the loading gate and then rackin' 'em all out one at a time before moving to another spot or going home. It's much easier(and safer too) slapping in the rotary mag and poppin' it back out. The Ruger makes mounting a scope easy and looks well with one, where I never cared for the looks of a scope on a lever. I think the 77/44 would make for a great youth gun with it's size and weight and nearly maintenance free construction. The ease and safety of loading and unloading along with the limited range of handgun ammo would also be a plus. Don't get me wrong, I love me levers, I have 4 of them, but for practical hunting purposes, the 77/44 beats them, hands down.

Page generated in 0.04541 seconds with 7 queries