View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 12:46 PM   #11
Hellgate

I recently bought one. I like it but did a few mods. The nipples were too small for any of the readily available caps (needed RWS#55 which are hard to find and VERY small). I had a spare set of Pietta nipples from a past gun and now the gun takes the Remington #10s like ALL my other C&Bs. The grip is the flared Pietta navy grip that causes their guns to point high in my hands so I swapped the navy grip for a spare Pietta Army grip I had lying around. Feels fine now.

As for shooting it: Mine will just barely take 30grs FFFg under a 1/8" lube wad+ball. That's a nice load. The cylinder is indeed shorter than any other 44 I have but it is drilled full diameter clear down to flush with the face of the nipple. My ASM 44s have a stepped chamber and some don't quite hold 30 gr under a wad & ball so it is not under powered. It shot true. I also widened & deepened the rear notch a little for a better sight picture.

See attached photo with the Army grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JHDance.jpg (243.9 KB, 33 views)
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), DGB#129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)

Page generated in 0.04531 seconds with 8 queries