Thread: Condition zero?
View Single Post
Old December 27, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Condition zero?

Last Thursday as I was leaving hurriedly, my EDC (a Para LDA Carry) was in the bedroom so I picked up my Colt LW Commander instead and put it in my OWB holster on my way out the door.

I didn't touch it again until late afternoon as I put my hand on it to return it to my desk. The thumb safety was off and the hammer down. Now, I don't often keep a pistol in condition two, but have done so occasionally. As I removed it from the holster I noticed that there was no magazine! My first thought was that I had inadvertently ejected it and that I would find in on the seat of my truck. However, when I rolled the cylinder desk open to return the Colt to its normal place, the loaded magazine was lying in plain sight. I cycled the pistol: Empty. I had been carrying a totally useless ornament. And, since it was concealed, it wasn't even much of an ornament.

I have learned a valuable lesson and have become a convert: No more Condition two. Ever. If it isn't Condition one, then it isn't ready to go. Of course, as we all know, it is still always loaded.

Show me the data
Page generated in 0.04521 seconds with 7 queries