View Single Post
Old December 25, 2011, 04:45 PM   #26
Cheapshooter

Quote:
The forms to BATF and all records mandated by the Feds. for my LGS to keep, when I purchase a gun?
Which includes background check(all info big bro's got on me), type of gun, serial number,date of purchase, etc. etc. that are kept as a matter of record for infinity.
Kept BY THE DEALER!!! not a government agency! At least not legally kept by the government.

Quote:
Current destruction of NICS records became effective when a final rule was published by the Department of Justice in The Federal Register, outlining the following changes. Per Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.9(b)(1), (2), and (3), the NICS Section must destroy all identifying information on allowed transactions prior to the start of the next NICS operational day.
Now I'm sure there are plenty of those out there with their aluminum foil foil hats, and conspiracy theories that will continue to insist that there is some giant hidden government storage area with all the information about everything that everyone has ever done. But from a legislative, and legal point, there is no such thing as a federal registration of other than Class III firearms!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.05218 seconds with 7 queries