View Single Post
Old December 24, 2011, 09:30 AM   #15
warbirdlover

No feeders allowed in Wisconsin. In rare areas where you can bait only a gallon(?) of corn is allowed. SIL got busted big time one year for having too much corn out. I hunt in a white oak woods so the whole forest floor is covered with acorns.

The reason Wisconsin doesn't allow feeders is to control the spread of CWD. It hasn't spread very much since they passed tight laws on baiting so grouping up by feeders will spread CWD. BIL retired from the DNR a couple years ago. Of course he knows everything there is to know so I try to avoid asking him any question which would allow him to talk down to me...

Quote:
We do not have to worry about sickly deer. We have a thriving population of Coyotes.

Will Lee
We did too but the wolves ate them! Now we had a cougar on our land all week of gun deer season so maybe he'll eat the wolves. We had one wolf howling not 50 yards from one of the guys blind. This is CENTRAL Wisconsin, not northern Wisconsin. These pics are of a small wolf the first year we started seeing them (taken by one of the guys bowhunting near the road). The alpha male is a huge black sucker that's already chased deer right by some of the guys blinds. They get bolder every year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wolf5.jpg (96.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg wolf6.jpg (94.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg wolf2.jpg (95.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by warbirdlover; December 24, 2011 at 09:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.04515 seconds with 8 queries