View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 04:51 PM   #13
Don P
An example, lets say it takes you a certain amount of time to reload. You have two targets left, If you don't shoot the targets you get 5 seconds added. If it takes you 11 seconds to reload, you're better off not engaging the targets and taking the misses.
OK, following your thoughts here, 2 targets, 2 round each not getting shot.

4 missed shots = 4 failure to neutralize= +20 seconds added to the raw time, 2 procedurals for not following course of fire, 1 for each target = 6 seconds added to raw time, and as SO I may just add a failure to do right = 20 seconds added to raw time.(unsportsmanlike conduct)
So lets add this up, to save your 11 seconds on a reload it cost you in penalty time 46 seconds. Maybe that reload wasn't a bad idea after all.

This is from the rule book, page 15 PC 1 section D #2 states, Purposely committing a procedural error because your score will be better even with the penalty, or #3 states not reloading to fire one more round because your score will be better even with the miss
NRA Life Member, NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA NROI Range Officer,
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Page generated in 0.06698 seconds with 7 queries