Thread: .22 lr pistols
View Single Post
Old December 4, 2011, 06:39 PM   #18
I have shot a S&W model 22A-1, I OWN 3 Ruger MKII's. There is no better rimfire .22 than a Ruger; IMO of course. They can be upgraded, if desired, without great expense. But out of the box they are great to begin with. I was told once, and I believe it, they are over engineered and will last many lifetimes. They can be a challenge to disassemble for the 1st time, after that it is not a problem. As to the MKIII, I have never owned one, but from what I have heard the loaded chamber indicator makes it even more difficult to strip. I would stay with a MKII, although I really wish Ruger had offered the "Hunter" model in a MKII - sweet pistol. If you would like to research more about .22 rimfires check out They know their stuff. Good Luck.
If something is worth doing well, it is worth failing at to get there.
Colt 1911 9mm, S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series, Buckmark .22, Lipsey Ruger MKII SS 4", Ruger Mk II Comp Trgt SS, Ruger Mk II Trgt SS, RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm, S&W Mdl 41 .22, H.S. Citation, H.S. Trophy, H.S. Victor E. Hartford, H.S. Victor Hamden, H.S. 103 Space Gun, Speedmaster .22, Savage MKII .22 BTVS, SKB O/U 505

Last edited by erob3; December 4, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Page generated in 0.06387 seconds with 7 queries