Thread: .22 lr pistols
View Single Post
Old December 4, 2011, 06:39 PM   #18
erob3

I have shot a S&W model 22A-1, I OWN 3 Ruger MKII's. There is no better rimfire .22 than a Ruger; IMO of course. They can be upgraded, if desired, without great expense. But out of the box they are great to begin with. I was told once, and I believe it, they are over engineered and will last many lifetimes. They can be a challenge to disassemble for the 1st time, after that it is not a problem. As to the MKIII, I have never owned one, but from what I have heard the loaded chamber indicator makes it even more difficult to strip. I would stay with a MKII, although I really wish Ruger had offered the "Hunter" model in a MKII - sweet pistol. If you would like to research more about .22 rimfires check out www.rimfirecentral.com. They know their stuff. Good Luck.
Colt 1911 9mm, S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series, Buckmark .22, Lipsey Ruger MKII SS 4", Ruger Mk II Comp Trgt SS, Ruger Mk II Trgt SS, RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm, S&W Mdl 41 .22, H.S. Citation, H.S. Trophy, H.S. Victor E. Hartford, H.S. Victor Hamden, H.S. 103 Space Gun, Speedmaster .22, Savage MKII .22 BTVS, SKB O/U 505

Last edited by erob3; December 4, 2011 at 06:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.04301 seconds with 7 queries