View Single Post
Old November 28, 2011, 03:41 PM   #19
Dennis1209

Reality Check: Food for Thought

This is a tragic occurrence and happens more frequently than you realize. As far as the impending wrongful death suite that will occur, here's my thoughts on the term "justice". If my logic is flawed, sock it to me!

The federal, state, and local governments do not produce one barrel of oil or one bushel of wheat, they have no money. They must confiscate wealth from the productive and distribute it to the politicians choice of beneficiary's (taxes).

Bear with me here, we're getting to the meat of the matter.

The victims family receives a large settlement from the sheriff's department, police, SWAT or whatever LEO agency. That will show them and prevent another occurrence, right?

Well, that money will come from you and me from higher taxes to pay the settlement / judgment and higher department insurance premiums. In reality, you and I are being punished for someone else's mistake. It diminishes your ability to provide for yourself and your family. Is that justice, or the price you pay to live in a civilized society, and is that even civil?

I would propose holding the offenders personally liable for their actions, both civil and criminal. Explain to me why last week I was happy eating hamburger, and now I got my new tax bill and have to settle for oat meal, or lose my home if I still want to eat the same way I did.

Is it fair, is it JUSTICE?

justice

jus·tice [jústiss] (plural justices) noun
1.fairness: fairness or reasonableness, especially in the way people are treated or decisions are made
2.LAW application of law: the legal system or the act of applying or upholding the law
3.LAW validity: validity in law
4.good reason: sound or good reason
5.judge: a judge, especially of a higher court

[12th century. Via French, from Latin justitia, from justus, “ JUST.”]

bring somebody to justice
to arrest somebody to be tried in a court of law
do justice to somebody or something
1.to deal with somebody or something fairly
2.to convey the true qualities, especially the merits, of somebody or something
do yourself justice
to display your own abilities fully or perform to your full potential (often used in the negative)

Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999,2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

Page generated in 0.04627 seconds with 7 queries