View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Rick W.

By the way, I figured that I better stay on topic and post pictures of my MN 91/30 too. I've went to 7.62x54r.net to try to find out what some of the markings are on this rifle, but I have some markings that I couldn't find there. It is real easy to see one of the markings in the picture and that is the Roman Numeral number II inside a circle and on the left side of the Tula Star. Does anyone happen to know what this means? There is also another marking that is just to the right above the top point of the star that wouldn't show up, no matter how much flour I used to make it stand out. This isn't stamped very deep, but it is an upside down C with the opening of the C facing to the left. The corners of this C are squared off, but not as much as the refurbishment mark that is below the manufacture date. The C is almost closed off into a rectangle too, but upon close inspection I can see that it isn't closed off completely and there is an opening there. From what I understand, there was 2 tests done to determine whether a rifle qualifies for being a sniper. Does this mark mean that it passed one of those tests? Does anyone have any insight into what these 2 marks are?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (45.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (47.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (46.2 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Rick W.; November 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.05102 seconds with 8 queries