View Single Post
Old November 17, 2011, 01:45 PM   #72
Don P

Quote:
H.R. 822, introduced in the U.S. House by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Shuler (D-N.C.), allows any person with a valid state-issued concealed firearm permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms for lawful purposes.

This bill does not affect existing state laws. State laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within each state’s borders. H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing system or impose federal standards on state permits; rather, it requires the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

As of today, 49 states have laws in place that permit their citizens to carry a concealed firearm in some form. Only Illinois and the District of Columbia deny its residents the right to carry concealed firearms outside their homes or businesses for self-defense.
Do you really think that DC, NYC, IL, NJ and other cities will just bow down. You need to read the bill. You my be able to carry in NY BUT outside of NYC. All the States will have to do is pass legislation like in NYC. Place that are restricted now will still be restricted if this bill passes the Senate which I hope it does not.

Page generated in 0.04991 seconds with 7 queries