View Single Post
Old November 9, 2011, 03:47 PM   #12
Deja vu

I don't really have to change out my springs that often. I have run every thing from 110 grain to 180 grain reloads through it and many different kinds of factory ammo.

They only time I have used the lighter spring is when shooting 38 specials or some sub sonic ammo that I loaded up my self.

I have tried a few different powders for my Coonan but I still like H110 even though there is not much room to play. (starting loads to max loads are typically only about 1-2 grains different).

I do not cast my own bullets (yet) so I don't have any advise on that. I typically feed my Coonan Hornady bullets and occasionally Speer.

The most fun load for me to shoot is 22.2 -22.5 grains of H110 under a 110 grain Hornady bullet (using Winchester brass and small magnum primers). They are very loud and make huge fire balls and shock waves... this would not be a good load for self defense but it is good as a crowed pleaser or if the guy next to you at the range makes you mad.

the Coonan all so shoot bullets faster than they shoot from a similar length revolver. I think the cylinder gap plays a big role. I know I get about 125 (give or take) more FPS from my Coonan than I do from my S&W 627 and they both have a 5 inch barrel.

Coonan is talking about making a drop in 6 inch barrel for the classic and ill be getting that for hunting.

I know that may people may not understand the need for a 1911 in 357 magnum (balistically similar to a 10MM which is fairly common) but to a guy like me that grew up with revolvers and tries to keep his bullet selection down (currently to 4 different rounds for 16 guns) it is the perfect thing.

I would like to get a Ruger 77/357 bolt action to be a friend for my Coonan. The non-traditional 357 magnum pair would be very nice pair.

all 25 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple

Page generated in 0.05082 seconds with 7 queries