View Single Post
Old November 9, 2011, 12:18 PM   #1507
Bartholomew Roberts

Sounds like someone promised Dennis Burke a pardon...

The Daily Caller is reporting that Dennis Burke has admitted to leaking the sensitive memo that was used by the press to cast doubt on Special Agent John Dodson when he first came forward to tell his story to CBS News.

"Dennis regrets his role in disclosing the memo but he’s a stand-up guy and is willing to take responsibility for what he did,” Chuck Rosenberg, Burke’s lawyer, said according to NPR. “It was absolutely not Dennis’s intent to retaliate against Special Agent Dodson or anyone else for the information they provided Congress.”

So Burke just admited to a federal crime (the release of the senstitive information, and if a jury disbelieves his story about intent, retaliation against a whistleblower). Since I'm kind of skeptical a "stand-up guy" would have gotten involved in the mess to begin with - or tried to "dirty up" an agent who protested and then release sensitive information to smear said agent, it seems to me more likely that Burke is angling for the Scoober Libby Presidential Pardon Award for leaking sensitive information to discredit critics.

Naturally, I am sure this particular revelation will be pursued by the press with the same tenacity as the Plame story...

Page generated in 0.04418 seconds with 7 queries