View Single Post
Old November 7, 2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting any deer with any 20 ga round. Yesterday I shot a medium size white tail at about 30 yards with 3-1/2" magnum 00 buck out of my Benelli supernova 12 ga. it shot about an 8 inch spread, and i hit him right in the vitals. perfect shot. It only penetrated 1 lung. He dropped immediately, but it took him a while to die.
That's why I use slugs, my brother uses 00 because he lived in south Carolina and where he hunted he had no choice but he never had a shot longer than 25 yards, 15 to 20 was typical. Know your gun and it's limitations. A 12 gauge wouldn't have done you much better, you would have had more shot but the power of those pellets would have stayed the same.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04758 seconds with 7 queries