View Single Post
Old November 4, 2011, 11:03 PM   #134
PH/CIB

"If you do, depending upon your jurisdiction, be prepared to spend big bucks on legal assistance. In California dogs are property, not family. Lethal force to protect property is a no-no." Quote by Hook686

This is extremely interesting, in such a situation even though the state would consider my dog property, I would not let another dog attack and kill it and I would still kill the attacking dog after it drew first blood.

The owner could sue me and I would counter sue, as all I killed was property , and his dog initiated the attack which also injured my dog or property and if his property or dog had not initiated the attack neither dog or property would have been injured or killed.

Good old legal system, I quess it keeps us from killing each other, but things were much simpler in Nam in the Mountains of the Central Highlands where there were no civilians and only professional soldiers killing each other, which was bad enough.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.05633 seconds with 7 queries