Thread: bicycling?
View Single Post
Old October 27, 2011, 10:02 AM   #18
PH/CIB

I used to bicycle to work from Corning, Iowa to Creston, Iowa a distance of 24 miles and 48 miles round trip but only in the spring and summer and fall, winters are cold in Iowa.

I always carried a handgun whether bicycling or hiking on roads or bicycle trails in a fanny pack carried in front. Never ever had to use the handgun and have never had to use a handgun in all my years of carrying concealed.

Highway 34 from Corning to Creston has wide shoulders and every time a car or truck came up behind me, I had rear view mirrors and you can hear the tires, especially if it was unsafe to pass, I got over on the shoulder well ahead of time and let them pass me at speed. Most motorists were very respectful and I never had anything thrown at me although I worried a lot about being hit by a high velocity rock chip the ones that crack your windshield.

Did have a problem with dogs chasing me at one house along the road, so I took some dog biscuits along,,,now the dogs were waiting for me every trip and would chase me until they got their treat!!!
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.05128 seconds with 7 queries