Thread: bicycling?
View Single Post
Old October 25, 2011, 01:37 AM   #15
briandg

Quote:
That's one where if I had a gun I'd be tempted to pull it. (but you should have been on the other side of the road)

No, that's not the answer. it was a 45 mph zone, and on the side of the road, we have an 8 feet wide gravel shoulder/breakdown lane. It is far safer for both if a cyclist is on that shoulder out of traffic, and this way, I avoided crossing at highway intersections.

This sucker pulled off onto the shoulder, and both wheels went off the road. I could see him looking at me as he did it. I wound up pulling off the shoulder and was scrambling through weeds and brush on the slope of a drainage ditch off the shoulder.

He wasn't trying to kill me, he was just being antisocial. I think he wanted to run me into the ditch and hurt me, or he wouldn't have gone completely off onto the shoulder.

There really is some sort of hatred for people on bikes, I hear stories like this all the time.

Yes, for the love of god, I wish I'd had a load of buckshot for him. He probably beats his wife and rapes farm animals.

Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 7 queries