View Single Post
Old October 24, 2011, 07:45 AM   #13
like RL7 in .35 Rem and .375 Win with jacketed bullets, tryed to make it work under the Gould cast boolit but not working out so far. I agree, it should work. Wonder why my .375 Win liked it and your .38-55 didn't? Now that you mention it I have a load I want to try, mebbe about 40-42grs under the Gould boolit. Plenty of zip, not much pressure. Seem to recall seeing some 3031 on the shelf as well. Thanks, my friend. I think I'll give our old favorite RL7 another try.
Don't know why the 38-55 did not like it, other than it had a bore dia. of .379 and the bullets dropped from mold at .375 and had to be very soft to orbitrate. I did have a .375 (Ruger number 3), that shot well with Rx 7, same bullet. One never knows, I guess. They are so close, that it did not make sense to me either.
Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you only pay more for what you get.
Three shots are not a "group"...they are a "few".

If the Bible is the literal, infallible, unerring word of God...where are all those witches I am supposed to kill? (Exodus 22:18)
Page generated in 0.03447 seconds with 7 queries