View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 08:16 AM   #9
cracked butt

Quote:
Horizontal pattern is usually shooter issues; trigger pull mostly, maybe cheekweld or not holding hard.
I tried to rule that out too.
The old scope has nasty parallex, and is mounted high, its almost unshootable without a comb raising pad. I added a Beartooth comb raisign kit a long time ago and am very contientious about getting the same cheekweld every time.

Quote:
Good luke finding an accuracy load with the Corelokts. I've had good luck with them in 8x57. They may not be sexy but they shot plenty tight for a milsurp Mauser.
I've had them shoot really well out of other swede mausers, with lighter loads, but this one simply doesn't like them for some reason.

Quote:
I don't like forend pressure but if your rifle does I'd stay with it. Have read a bit about varying forend pressure but so far haven't had to try it.
Most old military rifles have pressure bedded foreends to some extent or another. If it were a new remington, I'd freefloat it in a heartbeat, but I'm not going to alter it.

Quote:
Think barrel whip and the vibration modes (and nodes) that each particular load generates. When you visuaize things this way you realize that one vibration mode may have a null at a potential stock/bedding interferance point, while the other load may generate max deflection at that same point. Bingo, ...you then have stock interaction.
I guess that makes sense. As others said, I guess I have to experiment with seating depth/loads.
I really hope to get the corelokts to shoot well, the 6.5mm Sierra bullets aren't cheap

Page generated in 0.04216 seconds with 7 queries