Thread: Hunting Clothes
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 10:04 AM   #25
tynimiller

Rifle hunting doesn't much matter what you're wearing. The deer are going to be far enough away you're scent isn't going to do more than make them uneasy or timid.

When you're talking "real hunting" (sorry just my opinion) and you're bow hunting or gunning it close ranges like 80 yards or less is when clothes, stand placement, scents, movement and everything else becomes pivotal! I am a bowhunter by blood, but I'll admit I sometimes look forward to the time of the season where I grab my muzzleloader and can relax some because I can reach out and touch them at 70-100yards (could beyond but my terrain typically doesn't allow that). Gun hunting isn't nearly as nerving or stressfull. Lot of times I'll just sit at the base of a tree with lesser than stellar cover and simply shoot them before they get close enough, but the experience of nature is more fun than that style of deer hunting to me.

Give me a bow and all the stressful things needed to get a buck within 30 yards anyday over dropping a Booner at 175yards that has no clue I'm even in the same county.

Page generated in 0.03866 seconds with 7 queries