View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 04:12 AM   #43
Any fears that I have... about that car who stops and watches me, yes, I've had those fears, or the not so nice looking dude who strolls into my shop 3 minutes before closing when I have no orders.... are just that, fears.
Which is exactly as I suggested. You are projecting your fears onto my actions and motives. You see, I am NOT afraid when I am being cautious. I take note of things that do not seem right and then take action to prevent them, or be ready to respond if they play out. I do not go around being afraid every time something hinky comes along. And I don't carry because I am afraid.

If you scare that easily then I can see how you would expect others to be in fear as well.

When I go hiking in the mountains I put a lot of preparation and planning in to avoid pitfalls and discomforts so I can spend more time enjoying what I am doing. If the weather starts looking suspicious, or the rock looks more slippery than usual or the river crossing deeper than normal then I am going to evaluate and respond to those atypical conditions as well. I am not in fear.

Same thing with being cautious at the gravel pit. I still go whenever I want to, but like hiking I take a buddy along if possible and I make sure we are on the same page as to what to expect and what to watch for. Seems pretty natural to me and I am surprised anyone would interpret this as being fearful or paranoid, unless of course they are often afraid themselves. I understand that.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Page generated in 0.05158 seconds with 7 queries