View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 03:37 AM   #42
MikeNice81

Quote:
Or, let's say I take these precautions at the rock quarry but I smoke cigarettes. Is that logical? If I'm prepared for such incredibly rare events, why would I do something so commonly, undeniably fatal?
People ask me why I smoke occasionally but carry a gun. It is the difference between making the choice about your life expectancy and letting someone else do it. If I accept my actions will kill me that is fine. I do not have to accept that someone else's actions will kill me. I can take measures to improve my odds

I go shooting by myself often on private land. It is secluded enough that it could be much like the rock quarry. I don't take back up. I don't have a dog in that fight either way. I was just giving a little perspective.

Quote:
just don't forget that we do it because we want to and, in all likelihood, none of it will ever matter a whit to any of us or anyone we know.
Hi, my name is Mike and I have used firearms on four occasions to protect my life and the life of others. My father also used handguns to protect his life and the lives of his family at least three times.

Some of us atract trouble. I know that half of my issues could have been avoided by not stopping for gas after midnight. Half of the events were broad day light and the criminals were acting based on percieved opportunity.

For some of us it does matter and we will need all the knowledge we can get. The bell curve has two sides and you can fall on either.

Last edited by MikeNice81; September 5, 2011 at 03:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 7 queries